Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Is there anything to be afraid of?

"As you invoke the presence of God (pray), fill your praise with the language of Scripture." (pg. 166)

Wow! To pray Scripture brings such an element to prayer that is difficult to describe.  I remember during my early teenage years attending a conference where that very concepts was brought up.  We spent some time praying Scripture.  At the time it was strange to me but as I have grown, praying Scripture is something that I find very refreshing.  I have discovered how inadequate my words are until they are grounded in the truths of Scripture.

I find myself often asking why Scripture is left out of prayer.  Why not when we address God use the very words He has given us to describe Himself?  Why does there seem to be a fear to pray Scripture?

No comments:

Post a Comment